Learn PERL Basic with Me : NCBI BLAST parser III

I have already shared different parser to analyse the NCBI blast results. You can extract the best hits from your blast result file but this script is special to me because it is written by me. As I have told that I am trying to teach PERL to myself. Actually I am trying to learn the regular expression these days. This PERL script will extract all the BLAST hits along with query and save the result file in another file a 'resul.txt'. I have tested this script with the result of online NCBI blast so I am not sure whether it will work for standalone or offline version. You can use this BLAST result file just for example
#!/usr/bin/perl

# This line will ask for the file name
print "your BLAST file name \n";

# This line will save the file name into $file
my $file = <>;


# This line will open the input file
open (FILE, "$file");
 
# This line will open the output file 
open (OUT, ">result.txt");

# This line will create the loop to search the substring
while ($file = <FILE>){

# This line will search the substring "Query="
if ($file =~ /Query=/) {

# This line will print the all lines containg the substring "Query="
print (OUT "$file\n");

} 

# This line will search the substring ">"
if ($file =~ /^>/) {

# This line will print the all lines containg the substring "Score"
print (OUT "$file");

}

# This line will search the substring "Score"
if ($file =~ /\sScore/) {

# This line will print the all lines containg the substring "Score"
print (OUT "$file");

}

}




  • NCBI BLAST parser : Extract query and best hits II - HERE
  • NCBI BLAST parser : Extract query and best hits I - HERE


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Have Problem ?? Drop a comments here!