How to Install Ubuntu in Windows 7 or 8 using Virtual Box

Very recently, I got my Dell XPS 8700. Being a native Windows user I was not interested to install Ubuntu or any other Linux on my system therefore I was looking for a solution to install or use Linux like environment in my Windows machine. Although there is a option of Cygwin for windows use but I choose VirtualBox. Actually VirtualBox can run on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Solaris hosts and supports a guest operating systems like Windows, Linux, Solaris etc. Being a free software is the best thing about VirtualBox.

Requirements

  1.  Download latest Ubuntu installer as per your requirement from HERE.
  2. Download latest VirtualBox installer as per your requirement from HERE.

Installation

You can follow these easy steps to install Ubuntu in Windows 7 or 8 using Virtual Box.


How Do I Install and Use Bioperl on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS HERE
After installing the Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS as a guest operating system through VirtualBox 4.3.22 on my Windows system, the next problem was how to share the files and folders in between both host and guest operating system. To share folders and files in between Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS and Windows system you can follow these steps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Problem ?? Drop a comments here!